Are you looking for fun Japan facts? Scroll down to for these Japan fun facts coloring pages. Grab your copy today, and the best thing is they’re free!
Is your child an avid World War II buff; perhaps they’re searching for interesting facts about Pearl Harbor, Japanese society, or even the Japanese flag? We have the answer to those questions and more like what is the largest city in Japan?
FREE PRINTABLE Japan FACTS COLORING PAGES
Some kids are history buffs and love to learn what caused the end of World War II or who lives in the imperial palaces in Japan? If this sounds like your child, then they’ll love these coloring pages. Learning while coloring is the most fun!
12 Japan Fun Facts
- Japan is an island country in Northeast Asia surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Sea of Okhotsk, the Sea of Japan, and the East China sea.
- Japan today is a fascinating country famous because of its rich history, food, and popular Japanese culture, like anime.
- Japan’s population makes up 1.6% of the world’s total population. There are 125.50 million Japanese people with a life expectancy of 84.62 years, 7 years higher than in the U.S.
- Nihon is the Japanese word for “Japan”, meaning “the Land of the Rising Sun.”
- Japan is the world’s 3rd largest economy in the world.
- There are around 100,000 Shinto shrines and 80,000 Buddhist temples throughout Japan, where locals visit and pray.
- Mount Fuji is an active volcano that is 12,389 ft 3 in and is considered one of Japan’s three sacred mountains.
- Japan has more than five million vending machines; that’s one vending machine for every 23 people.
- Japanese cuisine is considered one of the best in the world, and it’s more than sushi and ramen.
- The world’s oldest company is in Japan, a construction company called Kongo Gumi, which has existed since 578 AD.
- This island nation is home to bullet trains which are the fastest in the world. They hit speeds of 374 miles an hour.
- The first constitution of Japan was promulgated on February 11, 1889, and shaped the modern history of the country.
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR JAPAN FACTS COLORING SHEETS
These Japan facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter white paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Japan facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Japan FACTS PDF FILE
Japan Facts Coloring Pages
More Japan fun facts
- On December 7, 1941, Japan attacked Pearl Harbor destroying the US Pacific Fleet and entering the United States in WWII. Subsequently, Japan surrendered on September 2. 1945 ending WWII.
- Japanese society requires good manners, modesty, and social harmony, especially respect for seniority.
- The flag of Japan is based on the meaning of Japan.
- The largest city in Japan is Tokyo, with around 9.7 million inhabitants of the Japanese population.
- The reigning emperor, Hironomiya Naruhito, a constitutional monarchy, lives in the Imperial Palace.
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
What was your favorite Japan fact?
#Japan #Fun #Facts #Coloring #Pages #Kids #Activities #Blog