Weight loss is not just about consuming fewer calories and burning out more, there are some unwritten rules that when followed correctly bring faster weight loss results. Along with changing lifestyle habits like eating more home-cooked food, getting more physically active, one should form good eating habits while on a weight loss plan to achieve success. In this article, we have listed out 7 eating habits to follow on a weight loss journey.
1. Eating only on Scheduled Meal Timings: It’s extremely important to stick to regular meal and snack timings when trying to lose weight to avoid frequent snacking, mindless grazing, keep the metabolism up, and helps to maintain a balanced diet and steady supply of energy. That’s why, the weight loss diets on Rati Beauty app help you chalk out a perfect meal plan that can help you slim down without food deprivation.
2. Being Mindful, Doing Nothing Else While Eating: Have you noticed how you eat for longer while watching TV or binge watching your favorite series on the phone? And you may unknowingly going in for second and third servings! Eating while watching TV can prevent you from practicing mindful eating and portion control, both of which lead to excess intake of calories and subsequent weight gain.
3. Portion Control: Controlling portion sizes is an important key in maintaining calorie deficit and promote weight loss. One can portion control by switching to smaller meal plates, measuring out food before cooking, and having a control over serving sizes. Additionally, here are “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
4. Having Meals Only in one Place: Preferably on the dining table, and do leave the table after eating your meal, do not linger around because it can make you seek more food while you are sitting there. Also read: “Is your Job Making Weight Loss Difficult?”
5. Not Talking While Eating: When you eat in silence, being mindful, it is easier to be aware of the texture, portion, and taste of the food. When we are eating in silence, we would readily be able to recognize satiety cues from the body, lowering the risk of overeating.
6. Eat Slowly and Take a Few Small Bites of your Meal at a Time: Eating slowly can help you feel fuller and more satisfied with smaller portions. Taking time to savor each bite and chewing slowly can also help you enjoy your food more and avoid overeating. It’s a fact that people who tend to eat quickly without chewing their food properly are at a higher risk of gaining weight than people who eat at a slower pace. When you eat quickly, you are unknowingly eating more food whereas those who take a good amount of time to chew their food, will always eat less quantity because they reach satiation point during the eating process because the brain takes about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten food and by slowing down, you can actually reach satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from piling on extra pounds. When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require, and it gets stored as belly fat in all probability.
7. Avoid Frequent Snacking: Just like maintaining meal timings for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, it’s important to stick to snack timings as well, because frequent snacking raises blood sugar and triggers insulin response, and too many insulin spikes through the day, will result in storage of calories as fat in the body. Restrict snacking to just twice a day, without indulging in high-calorie food. Opt for healthy snacks like apple and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, and even roasted chickpeas. Here’s a list of “12 Healthy Snack Ideas For 4 PM Hunger Pangs.”
Also, do remember to go grocery shopping only from a list – weight-loss friendly grocery lists are available on the Rati Beauty app which would help shed extra kilos as well as waist circumference.
Is your Job Making Weight Loss Difficult?
12 Healthy Snack Ideas For 4 PM Hunger Pangs
#Eating #Habits #Follow #Weight #Loss #Journey